Another YouTube video worth watching twice

Edward K. Ream

May 2, 2024, 12:00:18 PMMay 2
to leo-editor
This video is about game theory and its implications for us and the world.

None of us specializes in this area of mathematics so we will all learn a lot. It changed my view of the world. It will likely change yours.

I've just watched this video a second time. Please watch it and pass it on :-)

Edward

Jacob Peck

May 2, 2024, 12:13:17 PMMay 2
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
Semi-related, James P. Carse's book "Finite and Infinite Games" is a good, if occasionally overtly-spiritual (and easily enough ignored if that kind of thing isn't for you), look at life through the lens of games.

Weirdly, I find all of this to be tied together with Mark Chu-Carroll's "Good Math", which is "just" a meandering path through interesting mathematical concepts, but has opened surprising doors for me when viewed through the lens of game theoretical analysis.

YMMV wildly, of course :)

Jake

Edward K. Ream

May 2, 2024, 12:31:16 PMMay 2
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 2, 2024 at 11:13 AM Jacob Peck <gates...@gmail.com> wrote:
Semi-related, James P. Carse's book "Finite and Infinite Games" is a good, if occasionally overtly-spiritual (and easily enough ignored if that kind of thing isn't for you), look at life through the lens of games.

Weirdly, I find all of this to be tied together with Mark Chu-Carroll's "Good Math", which is "just" a meandering path through interesting mathematical concepts, but has opened surprising doors for me when viewed through the lens of game theoretical analysis.

Thanks for the "links".

Edward

jkn

May 3, 2024, 3:16:24 AMMay 3
to leo-editor
I also recommend "Finite and Infinite Games". I haven't heard of 'Good Math', thanks for the pointer