All in one Leo for Windows package

Matt Wilkie

May 11, 2020, 8:56:36 AM5/11/20
to leo-editor

We have an automaticly built All-in-one Leo for Windows package.

Getting to the archive in order to download is a bit of work though as there isn't a stable url (yet).

Getting to the latest leo.exe:

  1. Navigate to Actions
  2. Select Pyinstaller from workflow list in the left table of contents (url: https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/actions?query=workflow%3APyinstaller)
  3. Look for a recent event with a green checkmark and click on it
  4. Look for Artifacts heading and under it: leo-windows-exe in blue
  5. Download the zip and unpack wherever you like, e.g. C:\apps
  6. Run C:\Apps\Leo\leo.exe

image

Upgrading in place:
  1. Download source archive from Github repository, devel branch.
  2. Replace contents of `C:\Apps\leo\leo\*.*` with contents of `leo-editor\leo\*.*`. (Note: the nested "leo\leo" folder structure is significant.)

Leo tracking issue (please open new issues for anything not already in the to-do list): https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1589

Enjoy :)

Edward K. Ream

May 11, 2020, 9:03:30 AM5/11/20
to leo-editor

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 7:56 AM Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

We have an automatically built All-in-one Leo for Windows package.

Well done, Matt.  Many people will be pleased to hear this.

Edward