two comma presses == no change?!

jkn

May 9, 2023, 7:18:58 AM5/9/23
to leo-editor
I'm more curious than anything...

If I press the comma ',' key twice in succession, the first character placed in the body text by the first press, gets deleted on the second press!

I don't know of any setting, command, or abbreviation that I have that might be causing this - any thoughts?

Thanks, J^n

Edward K. Ream

May 9, 2023, 7:39:12 AM5/9/23
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 9, 2023 at 6:19 AM jkn <jkn...@nicorp.f9.co.uk> wrote:

If I press the comma ',' key twice in succession, the first character placed in the body text by the first press, gets deleted on the second press!

See @string abbreviations-next-placeholder = ,,

Arguably the behavior you describe should only happen when expanding abbreviation.

Edward

jkn

May 9, 2023, 9:15:23 AM5/9/23
to leo-editor
Ah, right, thanks - that makes sense.

I think you are right that it should only happen when expanding abbreviations, but I can live with it - I was just curious...

    Regards
    J^n

Rob

May 11, 2023, 8:52:32 AM5/11/23
to leo-editor
If, for some reason I might need 2 commas in succession, my workaround is to type `, ,` (inserted space between commas). Then I simply backspace and delete the space character. The only time I have actually done this is to document my abbreviations. HTH

Rob...

jkn

May 11, 2023, 9:32:48 AM5/11/23
to leo-editor
I do the same. The occurrence is rare enough that I am surprised when I encounter the original behaviour - at the moment I treat it as an amusing quirk ...

Edward K. Ream

May 11, 2023, 10:00:48 AM5/11/23
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 7:52 AM Rob <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
If, for some reason I might need 2 commas in succession, my workaround is to type `, ,` (inserted space between commas).

Or type one comma, backspace, and type the other comma :-)

Edward

jkn

May 11, 2023, 12:04:13 PM5/11/23
to leo-editor
fantastic - my efficiency will skyrocket!

Edward K. Ream

May 11, 2023, 2:18:25 PM5/11/23
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 11:04 AM jkn <jkn...@nicorp.f9.co.uk> wrote:
fantastic - my efficiency will skyrocket!

Glad to help, hehe.

Edward