GitHub workflows for ledger CI - help required

Martin Michlmayr

Jul 8, 2021, 3:10:33 AM7/8/21
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
Can someone submit a working GitHub workflows file for ledger CI
to replace Travis. Bonus points for building on Linux, macOS and
Windows.

(I think testing only Python 3 support is enough. Travis currently
tests Python 2 and 3)
--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/

Jimi Damon

Jul 12, 2021, 11:55:32 AM7/12/21
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I submitted a PR for github workflows (https://github.com/ledger/ledger/pull/2040 ) .  At this time it seems like several of the Windows packages don't exist using the Chocolatey package manager ( for  gmp , mpfr and  gpgme along with python for boost ) so I could't get Ledger to build correctly on that platform using the Travis build parameters.

Should ledger be built without these add-ons ?

In addition, it seems straightforward to add a matrix entry for Python2 support but that's for the maintainers to decide.

-Jimi

Rahix

Sep 4, 2021, 3:35:30 AM9/4/21
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

On Thu, 2021-07-08 at 15:10 +0800, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Can someone submit a working GitHub workflows file for ledger CI
> to replace Travis.  Bonus points for building on Linux, macOS and
> Windows.
>
> (I think testing only Python 3 support is enough.  Travis currently
> tests Python 2 and 3)

Now that GHA seems to be up and running, can you drop Travis from the
repository? The checks still show up in each pull-request and make the
overall status "waiting" because the Travis check never completes.

--
Rahix

Martin Michlmayr

Sep 4, 2021, 10:08:48 PM9/4/21
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
* Rahix <ra...@rahix.de> [2021-09-04 09:35]:
> Now that GHA seems to be up and running, can you drop Travis from the
> repository? The checks still show up in each pull-request and make the
> overall status "waiting" because the Travis check never completes.

I removed the Travis hook already but I can't figure out how to remove
the Travis requirement for pull requests. Do you know how?

Rahix

Sep 5, 2021, 2:56:50 PM9/5/21
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 2021-09-05 at 10:08 +0800, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Rahix <ra...@rahix.de> [2021-09-04 09:35]:
> > Now that GHA seems to be up and running, can you drop Travis from the
> > repository?  The checks still show up in each pull-request and make the
> > overall status "waiting" because the Travis check never completes.
>
> I removed the Travis hook already but I can't figure out how to remove
> the Travis requirement for pull requests.  Do you know how?

Hm, not sure... IIRC there was a thing on the travis website where you
need to disable a project. Also maybe in the "Integrations" project
settings on GitHub?

If all else fails, maybe the travis manifest needs to be removed?

--
Rahix

Michael Cooper

Sep 5, 2021, 3:41:54 PM9/5/21
to Ledger
In other projects, those have come from the branch protections settings for me.

John Wiegley

Sep 15, 2021, 1:14:55 AM9/15/21
to Martin Michlmayr, ledge...@googlegroups.com

MM> I removed the Travis hook already but I can't figure out how to remove the
MM> Travis requirement for pull requests. Do you know how?

I've removed the Travis requirement. It was in the Branch protection settings,
under "Status checks".

John