Ledger register history to Sankey diagrams?

Colin Dean

Aug 15, 2019, 7:51:16 PM8/15/19
to Ledger
Has anyone created a way to easily to Sankey diagrams with Ledger output in any way?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankey_diagram

I'm using Ledger's robust commodity support to track conference tickets issued to scholarship recipients. I'd like to create a Sankey diagram that shows the number of tickets that move through the system. The starting state is "Available", then they move through states such as "Offered", "Owed", "Issued", "Cancelled", "Attendance Verified".

I'd love to push a button and receive a Sankey diagram that shows the flow of tickets through the system but I'm not quite sure of how to approach the problem from within the Ledger ecosystem.

I'd be awesome if the output was something that could be input to Sankeymatic (http://sankeymatic.com/build/), e.g.

Wages [2000] Budget
Interest [25] Budget
Budget [500] Taxes
Budget [450] Housing
Budget [310] Food
Budget [205] Transportation
Budget [400] Health Care
Budget [160] Other Necessities

but anything that I could massage into a format like this would be great.

Colin Dean

Aug 15, 2019, 7:58:02 PM8/15/19
to Ledger
A better example in my use case would be something like this:

Available [90] Offered
Offered [70] Owed
Offered [20] Refused
Owed [70] Issued