Replacing top plate on an AC1

lambind...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2021, 12:35:57 PM1/6/21
to Lecson Audio
How easy is it to replace the top plate on an AC1? Does anyone have a video or images? Can I do it without messing with sliders and magnets?

I have 2 AC1s. 1 is cosmetically shot - top plate is warped and sliders lost colour. But it works well on all inputs except phono. My plan is to draw up a replacement top and have it laser cut (unless anyone is selling a good one?).

The other AC1 looks thebusiness but needs some attention. Struggling to find a reliable engineer in the UK.

thanks...

PK

Jan 7, 2021, 3:12:52 PM1/7/21
to lecson...@googlegroups.com

Didn't a Lecson enthusiast have some top plates made? It's worth Googling the Lecson group and seeing if any are left. I asked about a year ago though but my question wasn't answered

Lamb Industries

Jan 20, 2021, 12:52:26 PM1/20/21
to lecson...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Alan Norman. He has been in touch and been incredibly helpful. I have his design files so will look into getting 1 made.

Sent from my iPhone

Stephane Gormand

Jan 20, 2021, 12:52:34 PM1/20/21
to Lecson Audio
Hello, Lambind, you should be able to take off carefully the glued plate from the AC1.
There was a discussion in the forum regarding new plates manufacturer.