Font Awesome - supported version

gabr

Jun 13, 2019, 2:10:21 PM6/13/19
to leanpub
Hi all!

Which version of Font Awesome is officially supported on Leanpub for the icon: tag? I noticed that icons from 5.0.0 are working and icons from 5.3.0 are not.

Are there any plans for upgrading to a newer Font Awesome version?

Also - is there a way (or will there ever be) of using non-solid versions of Font Awesome icons?

Best regards,
Primož

Len Epp

Jun 14, 2019, 4:07:27 PM6/14/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Primož,

We’re using Font Awesome 5.4.1, so you should be able to use the icons from 5.3.0. Can you let us know some of the icons you're trying to use, that aren't working?

We should probably do another update of Font Awesome to the latest version (5.9.0). We’ll try to get to that in the new few weeks.

We don’t think we can support the non-solid versions of the icons. Those require a pro license, and we don’t think the licensing terms would allow us to use our license for all of our authors' books.

Kind Regards,

Len

Len Epp
Co-founder, Leanpub
@lenepp

gabr

Jun 15, 2019, 3:38:42 AM6/15/19
to leanpub
Hi Len,

I tried using lightbulb-exclamation and lightbulb-on as {blurb} icons (both were included in 5.3.0 according to the FA site) and in both cases I just got triangle with an exclamation icon.

Source (Markua, in case it matters):

{blurb, icon: lightbulb-on}
Test blurb with lightbulb-on icon.
{/blurb}

{blurb, icon: lightbulb-exclamation}
Test blurb with lightbulb-exclamation icon.
{/blurb}

{blurb, icon: file-code}
Test blurb with file-code icon.
{/blurb}

Result:

fatest.png

As for the non-solid versions, I do understand the problem. Although I own the Pro license, the process of you somehow confirming that and then enabling Pro icons for my book would be just too complicated. I will make do with solid icons :)

Thank you (again and again) for the great service you offer to the community!

Primož

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 11:10 AM gabr <pri...@gabrijelcic.org> wrote:
Hi all!

Which version of Font Awesome is officially supported on Leanpub for the icon: tag? I noticed that icons from 5.0.0 are working and icons from 5.3.0 are not.

Are there any plans for upgrading to a newer Font Awesome version?

Also - is there a way (or will there ever be) of using non-solid versions of Font Awesome icons?

Best regards,
Primož

gabr

Jun 15, 2019, 3:40:51 AM6/15/19
to leanpub
Now that I reread you email again, I understood - I can only select from Free icons! Of course the lightbulb icons are not working, they come with Pro!

Quite obvious, in hindsight.

Primož

Len Epp

Jun 17, 2019, 5:51:10 PM6/17/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Primož,

Thanks for sharing these details (and for your kind words about Leanpub!).

We tested this and reproduced the issue ourselves. `lightbulb` works, but some others, like `lightbulb-on`, `lightbulb-exclamation`, `lightbulb-slash` and `lightbulb-dollar` do not work. I'll make sure this is reported to the team to look into, thought unfortunately I can't make any promises about timing, sorry about that.

Kind Regards,

Len

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/leanpub.