Scaling pictures

qwerty

Jun 14, 2012, 6:01:07 PM6/14/12
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to scale pictures? It seems they're always scaled to fit in width but I don't want that always.

Scott Patten

Jun 14, 2012, 6:08:22 PM6/14/12
to lea...@googlegroups.com
We know that this isn't perfect, but here's how it works right now.

We only scale pictures if they are too big or if their resolution is below 120 DPI. So, if you want the images to be a certain size make their resolution above 120 DPI and their width less than the max width for the page size you are using. That way we'll leave it alone.

The max widths are 6.5" for US Letter and A5 paper and 4.0" for digest and A4 paper.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott Patten
Co-founder, Leanpub and Ruboss

qwerty

Jun 14, 2012, 8:28:09 PM6/14/12
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Obviously not optimal but as it's only once to to it should be okay.

Thomas

Andrew Durham

May 14, 2019, 7:21:23 AM5/14/19
to leanpub
Does this mean no scaling happens *at* 120 and above? Or the reverse? It's clear that 119.999999999 is scaled and 120.0000000001 is not, but what about 120 itself?

Thanks.

Len Epp

May 16, 2019, 6:25:33 PM5/16/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

This was actually changed a while ago. The answer currently is that we rescale if the resolution is less than 72 DPI, but we do not rescale if it is equal to or greater than 72 DPI.

Kind Regards,

Len

Len Epp
Co-founder, Leanpub