Getting attribute table from geoserver layer in Leaflet

dickson mbeya

Jun 14, 2022, 11:01:42 PM6/14/22
to Leaflet
Hello,
 I have been trying to get attribute table of a geoserver layer in leaflet but I haven't been successful. Any one with an idea on how I can go about it. Specifically, I want the attribute table of the layer to popup when someone clicks on a polygon that is displayed in leaflet map.

Thanks.

Edwin Corrigan

Jun 19, 2022, 8:58:44 AM6/19/22
to leafl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Couple of things that might help:
- You can make a WFS getFeature request to Geoserver which can return a geojson format - https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/services/wfs/reference.html#wfs-getfeature
- L.geoJson can be used to render the returned geojson on the map - https://leafletjs.com/reference.html#geojson-l-geojson
onEachFeature can be passed as an option to L.geoJson, here is an example - https://codepen.io/dagmara223/pen/NdJJBJ
- You can access the properties object on each feature in your geoJson with something like feature.properties (I added a console.log from the above example):
image.png
- Adjust your html in layer.bindPopup, you can add third party UI libraries here too
- If you'd like the popup to appear on events such as click, dblclick, mouseover etc, you can replace the bindpopup function and render an L.popup inside the event handler function. Something like - layer.on(<event>, handler function),

Best Regards,

Edwin

Edwin Corrigan

Tel: (353) 87 7552 666