rmsea0 and rmseaA in package semTools

Shajar

Sep 1, 2019, 8:44:58 AM9/1/19
to lavaan
Hi, I'm trying to figure out what are rmsea0 and rmseaA in package semTools, in the findRMSEApower function - in terms of lavaan fit measures output.
rmsea , rmsea.ci.upper, rmsea.ci.lower, other?

I was not able to find explanation for this. I'll appreciate the help. Shajar

findRMSEApower(rmsea0, rmseaA, df, n, alpha = 0.05, group = 1)
rmsea0 - Null RMSEA
rmseaA  - Alternative RMSEA

Edward Rigdon

Sep 1, 2019, 12:47:28 PM9/1/19
to lav...@googlegroups.com
Power is the ability to detect that a model / hypothesis is false. 0 is the base model and A is the alternative. The bigger the gap/ larger the effect size, the more power, holding n constant. You choose RMSEA0 and A.

Shajar

Terrence Jorgensen

Sep 2, 2019, 4:15:29 AM9/2/19
to lavaan
Sorry, I didn't understand: what is the "base model" and what is the "alternative"?

They refer to null and alternative hypotheses, used in any NHST framework.  Can you access the article on the ?findRMSEApower help page (and even more on the ?plotRMSEApower help page)?  They contain all the answers to your questions.  Some are available for free via some source or another, if you search using Google Scholar.

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics

Shajar

Sep 2, 2019, 5:20:39 AM9/2/19
to lavaan
Thanks, I have access to those articles. I'll try to figure it out. If not successful, I will rephrase my question...