Request Help Set Point Source ID Batch

James Tobler

Jul 16, 2021, 11:57:10 AM7/16/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
I am trying to create a batch script to Set Point Source ID for all files in list.
Each file in the list would need a unique sequential point source ID. I am having trouble finding a way to apply a range of ID's using the following script:

las2las -lof file_list.47140.txt -set_point_source 1 -oir "C:\path" -olaz

Any suggestions are appreciated!

disclaimer: I am new to LASTools with limited technical knowledge.

James

Martin Isenburg

Jul 16, 2021, 12:28:49 PM7/16/21
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Easy peasy. Use

las2las -i files*.laz -faf -odir data -olaz

or

las2las -i files*.laz -files_are_flightlines -odir data -olaz

This will set the flightline ID starting at 1 for the first file in the list and incrementing at two places in each output file:

(1) The file source ID in the header
(2) The point source ID of each point

Regards,

Martin

--
Download LAStools at
http://lastools.org

Andrew Watson

Jul 20, 2021, 12:16:30 PM7/20/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Is it possible to start the flightline/Source ID from a number other than 1 eg 100 or 2000 etc and increment by 1.

Martin Isenburg

Jul 20, 2021, 12:38:05 PM7/20/21
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Yes, this is possible too with:

las2las -i files*.laz -faf 100 -odir data -olaz

or

las2las -i files*.laz -files_are_flightlines 2000 -odir data -olaz

but remember that the highest number is limited to 16 bits or 65535

Andrew Watson

Jul 21, 2021, 5:20:21 PM7/21/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Awesome too easy. Thanks