Lasersaur for Sale in Raleigh, NC

Adam Haile

Nov 20, 2019, 8:25:50 AM11/20/19
to lasersaur
Ok, I figured out what my plans are and yeah, sadly, my Lasersaur needs to move on. I just need the space. I love this machine but I'm getting very space limited and it takes up too much for what I actually need.
Here's the details:

- It's a v12.08 machine but at this point that really only applies to the motors and nozzle (see more about upgrades below)
- Original driveboard has been replaced with a Smoothieware board (Cohesion3D LaserBoard) but the original will be included
- Tube is a new Reci W4 that I installed July 2018. Rated at 120W peak though I've been running it at ~21mA so closer to 100W. Only about 100 hours on the tube.
- Installed brand new mirrors and mirror mounts from ThorLabs at same time as tube swap. Mirror mounts are high quality with lock nuts. I've never had to realign since installing them. Comes with a spare set of mirrors.
- I've added custom left/right body panels with filtered air intake on one side and a 6" exhaust hookup on the other.
- Added analog ammeter for power monitoring
- Includes CW-5000 chiller
- Includes 3 cutting grids (one I use for wood, one I use for acrylic, and a spare that's never been used)

Given the new tube and controller, asking $4500 but I will at least consider any offer.

Would need to be picked up from Raleigh, NC

See more pictures of it here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2LSsLdVADPdu1jRw7

IMG_20191117_222621.jpg

Jondale Stratton

Nov 20, 2019, 8:55:40 AM11/20/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
What software do you use with the smoothieboard?

Adam Haile

Nov 20, 2019, 8:57:47 AM11/20/19
to lasersaur
I use LightBurn, but it's just gcode so LaserWeb, LaserGrbl, etc will all work.

Cruz Monrreal

Nov 20, 2019, 12:02:27 PM11/20/19
to lasersaur
This is going to sound silly, but have you ever considered trying to make it run in a nearly vertical configuration?

Adam Haile

Nov 20, 2019, 12:15:24 PM11/20/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
I have not. Wouldn't have the wall space for it anyway

Adam Haile

Nov 21, 2019, 7:44:39 AM11/21/19
to lasersaur
After looking around some more at similar machines for sale and talking to some other laser enthusiasts I realize my asking price was a bit high.
Now asking $3500

Adam Haile

Nov 24, 2019, 9:12:15 PM11/24/19
to lasersaur
Maybe still too high? ;)
I'm genuinely getting to a point where I need to get this sorted so I can move forward with some plans post holiday.
If anyone is at all interested, make me an offer. I'll at least consider it :)

jet townsend

Nov 24, 2019, 9:47:30 PM11/24/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com

I think the problem is more one of moving it than the price. I moved a
lasersaur across the CMU campus and it was a huge PITA with free labor
and a fancy transport cart.

Maybe try selling the laser+PSU then also selling the Misumi as a
disassembled lot? I decommissioned a lasersaur a few years ago for the
fee of "let me keep all the Misumi bits".

--
Jet Townsend, IDSA
design <http://www.allartburns.org>

Adam Haile

Nov 24, 2019, 10:01:35 PM11/24/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, you're probably not wrong :) Will keep that in mind.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "lasersaur" group.