SIG Scalability Leadership Changes

Matt Matejczyk

Nov 5, 2021, 3:21:53 AM11/5/21
to kubernetes-dev, kubernetes...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I’d like to propose the following changes in the SIG Scalability Leadership:

  • Matt (mm4tt@) stepping down from the SIG Chair role

  • Marcel (marseel@) becoming the new SIG Chair

During the last few months, my involvement in SIG Scalability has been decreasing and at the same time Marcel has been becoming a driving force behind the SIG Scalability.  He is one of the top contributors and reviewers in our SIG. He is active on Slack, helping the community with scalability related issues and questions. Recently, he has started hosting our SIG Scalability public meetings and presented the “SIG Scalability Intro” at Kubecon NA 2021.

Truth is, Marcel has been a de-facto chair for the last few months. I think it’s time we make it formal.

As for me, I’ve been SIG Chair for the last two years and I think it’s about time for someone fresh to take over :) I’ve had a really great time being the SIG Chair. Even though I won’t be part of the SIG leadership anymore, I hope to remain involved. I’m not disappearing, you can still reach out to me via Slack/Mail/Github.

Lazy consensus deadline for this will be Nov 10th 2021 EOD.

Thanks,

Matt

Wojciech Tyczyński

Nov 5, 2021, 3:47:11 AM11/5/21
to Matt Matejczyk, Shyam JVS, kubernetes-dev, kubernetes...@googlegroups.com
+1 from me

+Shyam JVS explicitly

Shyam Jeedigunta

Nov 5, 2021, 12:35:45 PM11/5/21
to Wojciech Tyczyński, Matt Matejczyk, kubernetes-dev, kubernetes-sig-scale
+1 from me too. Thanks Matt and Marcel!

Wojciech Tyczyński

Nov 18, 2021, 9:47:07 AM11/18/21
to Shyam Jeedigunta, Matt Matejczyk, kubernetes-dev, kubernetes-sig-scale
The consensus deadline passed a week+ ago, so I opened a PR to make that effective: