[ANNOUNCEMENT] Kubernetes 1.23 Test Freeze and Docs Deadline

Rey Lejano

Nov 23, 2021, 7:39:24 PM11/23/21
to le...@kubernetes.io, kuberne...@googlegroups.com, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-release

Hi Kubernauts,

Test Freeze will be in effect starting today, November 23rd at 18:00 Pacific Time. After Test Freeze is in effect, we will monitor TestGrid and fix, revert, or remove broken tests to ensure the stability of the 1.23 release. A Release Manager will create the release-1.23 branch today. Once the branch is created, any PRs intended for the 1.23 release will require cherry-picks to be filed to the release-1.23 branch.

Today is the deadline for getting your Documentation PRs in a Ready for Review state. With the US holiday this week, our documentation reviewers need time to conduct reviews and contributors need time to iterate on PRs (if necessary) before the Documentation PRs Complete deadline on November 30th.

We are collecting Major Themes for the 1.23 release. If there is an enhancement in the 1.23 release that you would like to see as a Major Theme, please make a comment in this GitHub discussion.

Thank you all for your great contributions and for supporting the v1.23 release!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this email or reach out to me or one of the Release Team lead shadows on #sig-release of Kubernetes Slack.

Thank you,

Rey Lejano,

On behalf of the 1.23 Release Team

Antonio Ojea

Nov 24, 2021, 6:11:12 AM11/24/21
to Rey Lejano, le...@kubernetes.io, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, release-team, kubernetes-sig-release
> we will monitor TestGrid and fix, revert, or remove broken tests to ensure the stability of the 1.23 release.

What testgrid tabs exactly?

Just for clarification, "we" in this sentence is "all the SIGs responsible for the failing/flake job/test" , right?

Rey Lejano

Nov 24, 2021, 1:40:17 PM11/24/21
to Antonio Ojea, le...@kubernetes.io, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, release-team, kubernetes-sig-release
Hi Antonio,

My apologies, I should have been more clear about TestGrid, now we primarily monitor the release branch jobs since the release branch is from where we will cut the 1.23 release. We'll triage failing/flaky jobs/tests to appropriate SIGs. We monitor the sig-release-master-* boards as an indicator. Until release day, our task is to ensure the release branch is ready.

Thank you,
Rey

Antonio Ojea

Nov 24, 2021, 2:06:27 PM11/24/21