Projecting next cycle's release schedule

Jeremy Rickard

Jun 17, 2021, 10:33:02 AM6/17/21
to kubernetes-sig-release, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Greetings kubefolx,

I hope everyone is doing well!

I'm reaching out today to share a little information around the upcoming 1.23 release schedule. In the SIG Release meeting on Tuesday, we proposed a release date for the 1.23 release along with a kickoff date for the release team activities. In order to allow for community feedback, I have opened a pull request with those proposed dates here:

The release cadence KEP [1], which was merged a few months ago, contains some policy guidance that allows for a greater level of predictability in the release schedule. These proposed dates align with all of those policy guidelines. These are only proposed dates at this point and we may need to shift them as events warrant, but hopefully this should allow for early feedback and planning.

Note: The milestones within the release cycle will still need to be determined by the release team, incorporating feedback from the community and action items from the 1.22 release retrospective (stay tuned for the date of this meeting).

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us in #sig-release on Kubernetes Slack or on the mailing lists! We also have a discussion topic going [2] about how best to communicate and plan going forward and would welcome your input!

Thanks so much,

Jeremy Rickard on behalf of SIG Release

---

Davanum Srinivas

Jun 17, 2021, 10:38:19 AM6/17/21
to Jeremy Rickard, kubernetes-sig-release, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Thanks Jeremy!