Exception Request: "kubectl commands in headers" for release 1.22

Sean Sullivan

May 14, 2021, 3:08:51 PM5/14/21
to kubernetes-sig-release, kubernetes-sig-cli, releas...@kubernetes.io, Maciej Szulik, John Belamaric
  • Enhancement name: kubectl commands in headers
  • Enhancement status: beta
  • SIG: CLI
  • k/enhancements repo issue #: 859
  • PR #’s: Update kubectl headers KEP to beta #2720 (merged)
  • Additional time needed (in days): 1 day
  • Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: kubectl headers are necessary for telemetry on kubectl usage. Delaying these headers delays the ability to gather kubectl usage information.
  • Risks from adding code late: None
  • Risks from cutting enhancement: kubectl usage telemetry delayed
Hello,

During development and review of the aforementioned KEP, I overlooked the "Graduation Criteria" section. I am requesting a one day exception to add this graduation criteria to the KEP. In all other respects the KEP is complete (for beta), and the KEP has been substantively reviewed by a PRR reviewer and a SIG TL.

Thank you ,

Sean Sullivan
SIG CLI co-chair

John Belamaric

May 14, 2021, 3:12:15 PM5/14/21
to kubernetes-sig-release
+1

Jeremy Rickard

May 14, 2021, 3:28:19 PM5/14/21
to John Belamaric, kubernetes-sig-release
Also +1

Eddie Zaneski

May 14, 2021, 4:12:34 PM5/14/21
to kubernetes-sig-release

Phillip Wittrock

May 14, 2021, 6:04:07 PM5/14/21
to kubernetes-sig-release
+1

Thanks sean

Phillip Wittrock

May 14, 2021, 6:04:07 PM5/14/21
to kubernetes-sig-release

+1

Maciej Szulik

May 17, 2021, 11:47:11 AM5/17/21
to kubernetes-sig-release

Savitha Raghunathan

May 17, 2021, 1:08:11 PM5/17/21
to kubernetes-sig-release, kubernetes-sig-cli, releas...@kubernetes.io, Maciej Szulik, John Belamaric, Sean Sullivan
Hi Sean,

Thanks for creating this exception request.

Since the risk is minimal to none and the KEP only needs a minor change, we are APPROVING this request. Please make sure to merge the updated KEP by May 18th. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us in the #sig-release slack channel.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Savitha,
1.22 Release Team Lead