SIG Contribex Succession Updates

Nikhita Raghunath

Apr 2, 2023, 10:53:36 PM4/2/23
to kubernetes-sig-contribex, d...@kubernetes.io

Hi,

We had set up a SIG Contributor Experience Leadership Shadow Program to bring fresh faces to both chairs and technical lead roles to improve the SIG’s health and velocity. As an update from the program, we would like to nominate the following folks to chair and TL roles:

Chairs

  1. Kaslin Fields

  2. Nabarun Pal

Technical Leads

  1. Madhav Jivrajani

  2. Priyanka Saggu

Since this is a complete overhaul of contribex leadership, the existing leads will stay on in their current roles until the new leads have ramped up. The existing leads plan to step down in O(months).

Following our guidelines, we'll give it 3 business days until Wednesday, 5th April EOD for lazy consensus.

Please feel free to use this email thread for comments or if you have private concerns, you can reach out to me or one of the other contribex leads directly.

Thanks,

Nikhita

Jaice Singer DuMars

Apr 2, 2023, 11:18:14 PM4/2/23
to nikhitar...@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-contribex
I'm a huge +1 (NB) on everyone nominated! I'm also happy to see the shadow program being so successful.

Benjamin Elder

Apr 2, 2023, 11:25:36 PM4/2/23
to Jaice Singer DuMars, nikhitar...@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-contribex
Congrats and thank you all! Great group, thanks to all the existing leads for all their hard work <3

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kubernetes-sig-contribex" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-sig-contribex/CAJHHSLwwo79dWXJVZq1dSnST6dfwW5%3Dn-HxDCj7UPbH5KJR-bw%40mail.gmail.com.

Chris Short

Apr 3, 2023, 7:50:02 AM4/3/23
to Nikhita Raghunath, d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-contribex
I’m all for this

Chris Short
He/Him/His
TZ=America/Detroit
https://chrisshort.me

Rey Lejano

Apr 3, 2023, 10:57:14 AM4/3/23
to Nikhita Raghunath, kubernetes-sig-contribex, d...@kubernetes.io
Big +1

- Rey Lejano

On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 7:53 PM Nikhita Raghunath <nikhitar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Debabrata Panigrahi

Apr 3, 2023, 11:51:21 AM4/3/23
to kubernetes-sig-contribex
Congrats folks and a huge +1 for all the work you all have been doing in contribex.

Marky Jackson

Apr 3, 2023, 11:51:21 AM4/3/23
to Nikhita Raghunath, kubernetes-sig-contribex, d...@kubernetes.io
Huge +1 👏

Heba El Ayoty

Apr 3, 2023, 11:55:56 AM4/3/23
to kubernetes-sig-contribex, d...@kubernetes.io, Nikhita Raghunath
+1 Too many amazing names in one place. Very well deserved! Congratulations!

Thanks,
Heba

On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 7:53 PM Nikhita Raghunath <nikhitar...@gmail.com> wrote:

R Narendran

Apr 3, 2023, 12:01:25 PM4/3/23
to Heba El Ayoty, kubernetes-sig-contribex, d...@kubernetes.io, Nikhita Raghunath
Absolutely +1. Congratulations!

Regards,
Narendran

Pushkar Joglekar

Apr 3, 2023, 12:59:01 PM4/3/23
to R Narendran, Heba El Ayoty, kubernetes-sig-contribex, d...@kubernetes.io, Nikhita Raghunath
yay, great set of folks representing the SIG. +1 :)

Nikhita Raghunath

Apr 5, 2023, 10:39:10 PM4/5/23
to kubernetes-sig-contribex, d...@kubernetes.io
Hi,

Minor correction: our guidelines ask for a lazy consensus deadline of at least one week (instead of 3 days) so we will wait until 9 April, EOD for adding new leads.

-- Nikhita

Nikhita Raghunath

Apr 10, 2023, 3:30:34 AM4/10/23
to kubernetes-sig-contribex, d...@kubernetes.io
We've achieved lazy consensus. I've created https://github.com/kubernetes/community/issues/7246 to onboard new leads to contribex. Congratulations, folks!

Paris

Apr 11, 2023, 4:02:15 PM4/11/23
to augu...@cisco.com, d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-contribex
Apologies for being late but huge congrats to Kaslin, Nabarun, Madhav, and Priyanka for stepping up into service leadership! It’s been a joy watching you all grow within the community.

And a heartfelt thank you to Nikhita, Bob, Christoph, and Josh for all of your years of service and setting up new folks for success. The community wouldn’t be the same without you.

Paris

On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 5:48 AM 'Stephen Augustus (augustus)' via dev <d...@kubernetes.io> wrote:

Congrats to all of the new leads and THANK YOU to Nikhita, Bob, Christoph, and Josh for your enduring leadership in this project and across the ecosystem over the years!

---

Stephen Augustus (he/him)

Head of Open Source

augu...@cisco.com

opensource.cisco.com

Open Source Program Office (OSPO) questions?

Check out our knowledge base or reach us at os...@cisco.com!

My working hours may not be your working hours.
Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule.