PodSecurity - congrats & next steps

Tim Allclair

May 17, 2021, 12:15:36 PM5/17/21
to kubernete...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-security, Jordan Liggitt
The PodSecurity (PSP replacement) KEP merged on Tuesday, marking official agreement of our plan to replace PSP. This was a huge effort that started over 3 years ago, and I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped in the process, especially those who have been showing up each week to participate in the PSP breakout discussions. Every comment, question, concern and proposal helped get us to where we are today.

Next Steps
Although accepting the KEP marks the completion of a major hurdle, there is still a lot of work to do to implement everything we've been talking about. There will be lots of opportunities to contribute, and to help organize the work we've created a PodSecurity Project Board. This week, Jordan and I will kick off the implementation work by building the scaffolding for the project that will let the more specific pieces be implemented in parallel. Once that is in place, we will file issues for the independent projects, and I will send out a follow-up to encourage you to contribute if you're able.

At this point, I think we can move to asynchronous communication with updates in the regular SIG-Auth meeting, so I'm going to cancel the PSP breakout sessions (for now).

Thanks again! I can't wait to see this all come together.

-- Tim Allclair

Davanum Srinivas

May 17, 2021, 3:53:40 PM5/17/21
to Tim Allclair, kubernete...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-security, Jordan Liggitt