Re: Co-chair change for SIG Contributor Experience

Ihor Dvoretskyi

Jan 19, 2021, 10:12:01 AM1/19/21
to Jorge Castro, kubernetes-sig-contribex, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Thank you Jorge for everything you did for this community!

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 5:08 PM Jorge Castro <jorge....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone! (ccing in k-dev per leadership handoff policy)

As some of you know I have moved on from VMware to Unusual.vc, this
means I will no longer be working fulltime on Kubernetes. :( I'd like
to thank all of you who have mentored and helped me participate in
this wonderful community. After discussion with the other chair and
tech leads we've spoken with Alison Dowdney and would like to nominate
her as the next co-chair of SIG Contributor Experience. She's
wonderful to work with and brings a fantastic injection of energy to
the team.

According to our charter there is a 72 hour window from today for
people to discuss the nomination, please do so on the contribex list:
https://groups.google.com/g/kubernetes-sig-contribex

It's been a rough year, but the project is in good shape. Over the
past few years we've put effort into unbus-factoring many things. I am
happy to report that when my old work email was shut off that nothing
happened. I know that doesn't seem important but if I've learned
anything from Kubernetes it's that incremental improvements over time
totally works. As for me, I'll be working with the folks at Arrikto
around Kubeflow, so you'll still see me at KubeCon, hanging out with
contribex, annoying Paris, hanging out on slack, and all that good
stuff.

Lastly I'd like to thank my co-chair Bob Killen, who has been a rock
for this project when we needed it the most, he's been an incredible
co-chair for this project and a wonderful friend.

---
Cheers and keep on sailing!
Jorge

Ihor Dvoretskyi <ih...@cncf.io>
Developer Advocate, Cloud Native Computing Foundation https://cncf.io/

Cody C

Jan 19, 2021, 10:14:10 AM1/19/21
to Ihor Dvoretskyi, Jorge Castro, kubernetes-sig-contribex, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Thank you Jorge! You've been phenomenal sir.

+1 on Alison

/lgtm

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAGG3NOuEyKApZHXzL02kc0ytWFcvmgw4X1H%3Dz5pANWPRZ3uKLA%40mail.gmail.com.

vamshi krishna

Jan 19, 2021, 10:16:32 AM1/19/21
to Jorge Castro, kubernetes-sig-contribex, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Thanks Jorge for  being my mentor and everything you do, you have been one of the inspirations for me to join and contribute.
I'm going to miss you in office hours, all the best for your future endeavors.

Regards
Sam

Christoph Blecker

Jan 26, 2021, 2:21:52 PM1/26/21
to Jorge Castro, kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Jorge -- Thank you for all your efforts over the years to make
ContribEx and Kubernetes what it is. As others have said, it wouldn't
quite be the same without you.

Also, +1 to Alsion! I'm excited to see what 2021 will bring for ContribEx!
This conversation is locked