[Announce] kubernetes-dev@ (this list) is moving to [name-tbd]@kubernetes.io

Kubernetes Contributors

Dec 9, 2021, 6:48:11 PM12/9/21
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com
Kubernetes Contributors,

tldr:

The mailing list I'm reaching you on now started 7 years ago in 2014 with this first email sent before project donation. The upstream community has grown exponentially: we have hundreds of lists/groups like this for SIGs, their subprojects, alerts, and more. This group has 5747 members and now breaks calendars, gets its fair share of spam (thanks mods), is included in a spiderweb of shared docs, contains mounds of informative release info, and so much valuable contributor news. It's ready for its next growth stage.

SIG Contributor Experience would like to migrate this mailing list (kuberne...@googlegroups.com) to a Kubernetes domain [name]@kubernetes.io. The umbrella issue has many related justifications, timeline, linked tasks, and more context. The list will join steering@, conduct@, and other official communication channels of the project that allow us to configure via pull request and do fun things with an API under a Google Workspace. You can weigh in on the naming convention by emoji reaction on the issue.

kubernetes-dev@ is not being deleted. Members(you) will be migrated(copied) to the new address as of 5PM PT / 1AM UTC January 2, 2022. The banner/group info will be updated alerting new members to join the [new]@kubernetes.io list. We call this a soft sunset: no new postings or members after this date to preserve our history, not deleted.

What does this mean for you?
Use the new group for the next email you draft to kubernetes-dev@ after January 2nd
Leads of groups: Check out the leads channels for your actions coming soon.

A one week reminder will be sent when we are there. Please comment on the umbrella issues with questions and comments.

Thanks,
Paris, SIG Contributor Experience

Related issues:

Paris

Dec 27, 2021, 3:15:05 PM12/27/21
to Kubernetes Contributors, kuberne...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com
Friendly reminder that this migration is happening this coming weekend with an expected completion date of January 2, 2022 at 6pm PT.

Paris

Dec 27, 2021, 3:16:50 PM12/27/21
to Kubernetes Contributors, kuberne...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com
Left off the rest of the message:
- There is no action for you as you will be migrated.
This conversation is locked