SIG Testing Tech Leads

Aaron Crickenberger

Sep 27, 2021, 3:15:36 PM9/27/21
to kubernetes-sig-testing, Kubernetes Dev
Hi all,

For the last 5.5 years, SIG Testing Chairs have also acted as Tech Leads. A few months ago, we changed our charter to make the Tech Lead role explicit, but left things as they were by explicitly listing our Chairs as filling both roles [1]

Today we would like to change that, and recognize the work that two of our awesome contributors have been doing to further the vision of this SIG .

To that end, we are proposing [2]:

- Cole Wagner (@cjwagner) to replace Aaron Crickenberger (@spiffxp) as Tech Lead
- Alvaro Aleman (@alvaroaleman) to replace Steve Kuznetsov (@stevekuznetsov) as Tech Lead
- Aaron and Steve to remain as Chairs

We recognize this means we will remain a SIG with some of the longest-serving Chairs in the Kubernetes community. Anyone interested in helping us work through how to improve that state of affairs, please reach out to us.

Lazy consensus deadline for this will be 12:00 PT 2020-10-01

[1]: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/5898
[2]: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/6069

Chao Dai

Sep 27, 2021, 4:16:22 PM9/27/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Congrats Cole and Alvaro for the new role! Very well deserved!

Daniel Roth

Sep 27, 2021, 4:31:46 PM9/27/21
to Chao Dai, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Congrats, well deserved! Thanks to Steve and Aaron as well.

Antonio Ojea

Sep 27, 2021, 4:52:12 PM9/27/21
to Daniel Roth, Chao Dai, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion

Sen Lu

Sep 27, 2021, 5:01:09 PM9/27/21
to Antonio Ojea, Daniel Roth, Chao Dai, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Congrats Cole and Alvaro! Also thanks Steve and Aaron for continuing to serve as the chairs!

Sen Lu
Software Engineer
Google Kubernetes Engine

Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr

Sep 28, 2021, 5:38:52 AM9/28/21
to Sen Lu, Antonio Ojea, Daniel Roth, Chao Dai, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
congratulation and thanks for all work y'all do for the community

This conversation is locked