problems with date fields in Syncronize Tab

Frederick Frazelle

Oct 13, 2016, 1:56:52 AM10/13/16
to krusader-users

Am running PCLinuxOS and KDE 5 Plasma with the following version of Krusader

Version 15.08-beta "Clear Skies"

Using:

  • KDE Frameworks 5.27.0
  • Qt 5.6.1 (built against 5.6.1)
  • The xcb windowing system

i'm having a problem setting the dates between with Krusader should search in the Tools, Syncrhronize Folders, Advanced tab. i get a popup window which states: "Invalid Date entered" When i hit the Details button, no details are provided.

Have a great evening! :)

Toni Asensi Esteve

Oct 13, 2016, 10:33:58 AM10/13/16
to krusade...@googlegroups.com

Hi:

> Am running PCLinuxOS and KDE 5 Plasma with the following version of

> Krusader

> Version 15.08-beta "Clear Skies"

It would be better if you were using the latest version, so, if you think you are already using it, I wanted to ask you where are you seeing that "15.08-beta" version.

Greetings:

Toni

Frederick Frazelle

Oct 13, 2016, 11:46:28 AM10/13/16
to krusader-users
Thanks for replying, Toni.  i got this information from the tab, Help, About Krusader.

Again, thanks for helping and have a super morning!  :)

Toni Asensi Esteve

Oct 13, 2016, 4:39:59 PM10/13/16
to krusade...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

> > > Am running PCLinuxOS and KDE 5 Plasma with the following version of

> > > Krusader

> > > Version 15.08-beta "Clear Skies"

> > It would be better if you were using the latest version, so, if you think

> > you are already using it, I wanted to ask you where are you seeing that

> > "15.08-beta" version.

> Thanks for replying, Toni. i got this information from the tab, Help,

> About Krusader.

> Again, thanks for helping and have a super morning! :)

I've just checked there and:

Version 2.5.0-beta "Clear Skies"

is what I see using the latest git version. :-?

Greetings!

Toni

Frederick Frazelle

Oct 13, 2016, 4:48:08 PM10/13/16
to krusader-users
Toni, thanks for answering so quickly!  Gee, wow!

Uh, i'm not very familiar with version numbers.  Are you saying that there is a newer version out there?  On PCLinuxOS, the devs keep the OS up-to-date and then send it to Synaptic and i don´t see another version yet.  Perhaps i should request it...??  i kinda hate to bother them since our motto is:  It'll be ready
when it's ready."  - lol.

Have a great afternoon!  :)

Toni Asensi Esteve

Oct 16, 2016, 9:16:32 AM10/16/16
to krusade...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

> > [...]

> > Uh, i'm not very familiar with version numbers. Are you saying that

> > there is a newer version out there?

> > [...]

> > Version 15.08-beta "Clear Skies"

> > [...]

That version is not an official Krusader version, nor the latest git version :-( . Probably it's an old development version.

In www.krusader.org we can see that still there isn't a new official version of Krusader.

> > Perhaps i should request it...?? i kinda hate to bother them

> > since our motto is: It'll be ready

> > when it's ready." - lol.

Probably it will be better to wait for a new official Krusader version. Also people can try compiling the latest git version of Krusader: in https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=krusader.git&a=tree there's a file named "INSTALL" that explains it.

Greetings!

Toni