Kotti 2, documentation, blah, blah, blah

mike.cu...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2019, 1:06:34 PM2/5/19
to Kotti
Hey Folks,

Recently, I spent some time playing around with Kotti 2, running through the documentation, and trying to get some old code to run.

First off, congrats on all the recent work. Kotti 2 seems to be off to a great start.

Installation ran without any problems. I love that it's just pip install kotti, grab app.ini, and go. Boom!

It looks like the documentation is all up to date too. This is awesome, and great for growing Kotti.

And, I got my old code working!

Have a good one y'all,
Mike

Andreas Kaiser

Feb 6, 2019, 3:18:42 AM2/6/19
to Kotti
Hey Mike,
thanks for your feedback!

We just finished porting our largest Kotti app (~50k lines of Python
code plus templates and frontend stuff) and it was also just a matter of
the usual Python 2 to Python 3 porting (strings vs. bytes, etc.).

The low activity on the repo and the long times between releases are
just signs for Kotti being rock solid.

We use Kotti all the time and my company heavily depends on it for the
largest part of our business. So rest assured it will be actively
maintained for a long time.

Just saying,
Andreas

mike.cu...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2019, 8:57:36 AM2/6/19
to Kotti
Andreas,

Who is maintaining the docs these days? I took notes going through the tutorial, and have some edits if you are interested. It's mostly small stuff. Clearing up things that are a bit confusing, going into more detail in a few places, things like that.

Mike

davide moro

Feb 11, 2019, 3:39:25 AM2/11/19
to ko...@googlegroups.com