Opportunities for further localization

Lalit Pant

Mar 5, 2016, 7:43:45 AM3/5/16
to kojo-dev
Greetings to the localization translators,

As a result of recent work done by Christoph Knabe while refining the German translation, the following additional UI strings are available for translation:

S_MousePosition=Mouse Position
S_OutputInitkRunning=Running initk code

#History Table Strings
#Separate the column names by commas:
S_HistoryColumnNames=Code, Tags, File, At
S_HistorySearch=Search

Please send me translations for these.

In addition to the above, we also now have a convenient way of localizing the samples. If you want to, for example, localize the following sample for Swedish:
src/main/resources/samples/spiral.kojo
Then you just need to just create the following localized version of the sample:
src/main/resources/samples/sv/spiral.kojo
The version of spiral.kojo under the sv directory will get picked up when Kojo is running in Swedish mode. I hope you get the idea.

Feel free to ask for clarifications on any of the above. And Christoph, feel free to comment on the above, especially if I left out anything important.

Regards,
- Lalit

Pierre Couillard

Mar 5, 2016, 7:48:30 AM3/5/16
to Lalit Pant, kojo-dev
Hi Lalit,
Here's the translation:

S_MousePosition=Position de la souris
S_OutputInitkRunning=Exécution du code initk

#History Table Strings
#Separate the column names by commas:
S_HistoryColumnNames=Code, Étiquettes, Fichier, À
S_HistorySearch=Rechercher

Pierre

Au plaisir, Pierre Couillard Service national du RÉCIT Mathématique, Science et Technologie 11780, 10e Avenue Est Saint-Georges (Québec) G5Y 6Z6 Tél.: 418.228.5541 ext.2438 Fax: 418.226.2690 Skype : pcouillard Twitter : pcouillard Web : http://recitmst.qc.ca/

Björn Regnell

Mar 5, 2016, 5:14:35 PM3/5/16
to Pierre Couillard, Lalit Pant, kojo-dev
Swedish translations:

S_MousePosition=Musposition
S_OutputInitkRunning=Kör nu koden i initk

#History Table Strings
#Separate the column names by commas:
S_HistoryColumnNames=Kod, Etikett, Fil, Tidpunkt
S_HistorySearch=Sök

/B

Mar 8, 2016, 9:58:08 AM3/8/16
to kojo-dev
Lalit, italian translation

S_MousePosition=Posizione del mouse
S_OutputInitkRunning=Esecuzione del codice initk

#History Table Strings
#Separate the column names by commas:
S_HistoryColumnNames=Codice, Etichette, File, A
S_HistorySearch=Cerca

What's the the meaning of 'At' in S_HistoryColumnNames? In Italian could have several meanings: a, in, presso, per... :)

massimo

Lalit Pant

Mar 8, 2016, 10:07:29 AM3/8/16
to Massimo Maria Ghisalberti, kojo-dev
Hi Massimo,

'At' is the time at which the code (in the History pane) was run.

/L

Björn Regnell

Mar 8, 2016, 10:11:46 AM3/8/16
to Massimo Maria Ghisalberti, kojo-dev, Lalit Pant

Massimo; if it helps: I translated 'at' to the Swedish word 'tidpunkt' which means 'point in time'

/B

Mar 8, 2016, 10:25:19 AM3/8/16
to kojo-dev, zai...@gmail.com
ok, thanks to all, I never used the history panel :D

Lalit, you can translate At with: "eseguito il" in sense of "code executed at"

Lalit Pant

Mar 11, 2016, 1:52:01 PM3/11/16
to Massimo Maria Ghisalberti, kojo-dev
All the localization changes are now live in Kojo-Web. Translators, please do a quick test and make sure that things look good for your respective languages. I plan to release Kojo v2.09 sometime during the coming week.

Thanks,
- Lalit

Björn Regnell

Mar 12, 2016, 7:49:00 AM3/12/16
to Lalit Pant, kojo-dev

LGTM

/B

Mar 14, 2016, 3:56:59 AM3/14/16
to kojo-dev, zai...@gmail.com

Hi Lalit,

missing translation for italian in Kojo web:

S_MakeFractions=Facciamo le frazioni
S_IdentifyFractions=Riconoscere le frazioni

ciao :)

Massimo

Lalit Pant

Mar 14, 2016, 6:32:15 AM3/14/16
to Massimo Maria Ghisalberti, kojo-dev
Hi Massimo,

Thanks for the catch. Incorporated and checked in...

/L

Lalit Pant

Mar 14, 2016, 1:26:50 PM3/14/16
to Massimo Maria Ghisalberti, kojo-dev
And the latest code in now live in Kojo-Web...

/L

Lalit Pant

Mar 14, 2016, 1:27:37 PM3/14/16
to Massimo Maria Ghisalberti, kojo-dev
And the latest code *is* now live in Kojo-Web...