Swagger UI does not scan Kogito generated Resources [SpringBoot]

Ravi Mangalagiri

Feb 20, 2021, 10:43:24 AM2/20/21
to Kogito development mailing list
Kogito : 1.2.0.Final
Java : 11

the project is based on dmn-springboot-example
the service works which means spring-boot is able to scan the resources : trafficViolation.http
I integrated with swagger-ui by following baeldung and had no luck.

Generated DMN Resource is adding all the the swagger documentation and refers the dmnDefinitions.json, which I through was cleaner and smart. With this swagger-ui should just scan and bring up with no external need.

Can anyone take a look and let me know what I am I missing?
--
Ravi Mangalagiri
703-505-4240 (c)

Matteo Mortari

Feb 20, 2021, 3:03:35 PM2/20/21
to Kogito development mailing list
Hi Ravi,

I'm pretty positive we fixed an analogous issue with KOGITO-4185 .
Kogito release 1.2 unfortunately did not contain that fix yet.

With the fix, it should be enough while following the kogito-example specifically dmn-springboot-example to point the browser to:
and that should now work out-of-the-box as expected, and as demonstrated by the attached screenshot.

I hope this helps!
MM

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 17.12.59.png

Ravi Mangalagiri

Feb 20, 2021, 4:15:21 PM2/20/21
to Kogito development mailing list
Got it! Matteo. So I switched to kogito build and added spring.docs dependencies to my pom.xml and still no luck. I will continue to investigate...

Matteo Mortari

Feb 21, 2021, 4:09:48 AM2/21/21
to Kogito development mailing list
Hi Ravi,
maybe the archetype could help you figure out the dependencies issues.

I retested the kogito-springboot archetype recently (latest development version) and again worked fine out of the box also for swagger UI.
Maybe it could help you to A/B test your setup.

Hope this helps,
MM

Ravi Mangalagiri

Feb 21, 2021, 1:05:23 PM2/21/21
to Kogito development mailing list
Thanks for the response Matteo. It works out of the box. Best way to play with Kogito is to create the project with respective archetypes. Otherwise include missing dependencies and its demonstrated in kogito examples.

The example
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springdoc</groupId>
<artifactId>springdoc-openapi-ui</artifactId>
<version>1.5.2</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>io.swagger.core.v3</groupId>
<artifactId>swagger-annotations</artifactId>
<version>2.0.6</version>
</dependency>

Gautham Sampath

Feb 26, 2021, 12:03:04 AM2/26/21
to Kogito development mailing list
Hi Ravi,
I need some inputs, since you are working on kogito & spring boot:
  • Kogito supports mongodb or infinispan. Which persistance you have configured? I configured mongodb, but I'm not able see if the DB/tables being created. Are facing any such issues?
Regards,
Gautham