Change font via Custom CSS?

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Jun 23, 2019, 3:36:23 AM6/23/19
to Known Developers
I'm trying to figure out Custom CSS. Admittedly, I know almost nothing about CSS and never had any experience with it.

What I'm trying to do is change the font face for my posts.

I figured something like
.idno-body p {
    font-family: "Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
}
would do it, since it worked for font size, but I must be doing something wrong, as browser ignores it with "unknown property name" for font-family.

Is there anything I can read to get a better idea of how to customize things?

Georg Lehner

Jun 24, 2019, 2:37:00 PM6/24/19
to Known Developers
I can see a strange '' symbol on the same line as 'font-family', which might be a copy paste
artifact, but if it is really there in your CSS it might hurt.

Regards,

   Georg

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Jun 25, 2019, 12:22:51 AM6/25/19
to Known Developers
Looks like ar tifact, I don't see it.
Anyway, even simplifying it to "font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;" doesnt' work either. Same old unknown property.

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Jun 26, 2019, 1:13:41 AM6/26/19
to Known Developers
Rewriting the CSS by hand helped, should have been some copy-paste artifacts. Thanks to Georg for pointing out.

Joseph Medellin

Jun 26, 2019, 1:17:56 AM6/26/19
to Evgeny Kuznetsov, Known Developers
I’ve had copy and pasting bite me in the ass a few times. I find it best to retype to avoid this type of issue.

Sent from my iPhone
--
Known: https://withknown.com/
Documentation: http://docs.withknown.com/