PHP 8?

Paul Lindner

Jun 28, 2022, 3:30:40 PM6/28/22
to Known Developers
Should known move to PHP 8 only?  There's a pull request that requires PHP 8 for psr/log.

Thierry Sioukam

Sep 22, 2022, 5:21:24 PM9/22/22
to Known Developers
Hello,

I'd be happy to participate in this discussion or contribute somehow in this work.
Besides, I offered also some help, time if it could be of used from discussions over from GitHub.

Kind regards,
Thierry

Paul Lindner

Sep 22, 2022, 9:17:58 PM9/22/22
to Thierry Sioukam, Known Developers
I may have applied that change without thinking about versions.  The docker image I use has already converted over so I guess it wasn't an issue for me.

I know Ben has a new child, so probably not a lot of time to contribute.  I just wish someone would like to get paid to develop since there's some funds available in the Open Collective...

--
Known: https://withknown.com/
Documentation: http://docs.withknown.com/

Thierry Sioukam

Sep 23, 2022, 1:49:36 AM9/23/22
to Known Developers
I did have similar feeling about one of the latest PHP version as I'm currently using this container tag.
However I thought there might be further items to check like additional tests to run on the side for example,
or simply re-running the installation script (which I have not in a while).

Indeed, I understand that it might not be best for Ben to get involved again. 🍼
They should have some time to take care of each other :)

I may be up to the task given that we would work on a clear schedule with the open community
(even though I'm not certain of understanding yet what delivery terms may exist with regard to Open Collective as a funding platform).

I'm on my way to become a student again and it would be pretty much ideal for someone like me trying to earn
few bucks by working part-time on a project like known, which i've learnt to tweak and evolve
on my own as much as to integrate with latest changes from dev branch
or other contributors' fork like Marcus Povey or yourself.

If I understood well what you meant, I'm be happy to discuss this topic further

Kr,
Thierry