Knop for Lasso 9 does not work on Lasso 9.3?

Steve Piercy - Website Builder

Jun 1, 2015, 3:45:39 PM6/1/15
to knop-p...@googlegroups.com
I have a preliminary report that Knop for Lasso 9 does not run
on Lasso 9.3. Can anyone confirm or refute the report?

I have not yet moved to 9.3 nor have I set up a VM sandbox to
play in.

--steve

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Steve Piercy Website Builder Soquel, CA
<w...@StevePiercy.com> <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Steve Piercy - Website Builder

Jun 5, 2015, 7:11:22 AM6/5/15
to knop-p...@googlegroups.com
The lack of response means if I want to use Knop, then stay away from Lasso 9.3.

--steve

On 6/1/15 at 12:45 PM, W...@StevePiercy.com (Steve Piercy - Website Builder) pronounced:

Jolle Carlestam

Jun 5, 2015, 12:51:53 PM6/5/15
to knop-p...@googlegroups.com
I think it was up to me to give an answer. But although I use Lasso 9.3 I don’t use Knop actively anymore and thus simply don’t know.
Would not be surprised however if there are problems. Given that Lasso 9.3 tightened the acceptance of alternative signatures a lot, and that Knop for 9 uses them extensively.

Knop for 9 was, in large parts, written while Lasso was still in beta. Even while in alpha. It was also written to accommodate as many coding styles as possible with high focus on backwards compatibility.
To revisit Knop now, with the same level of ambition is simply not feasible. Nor productive.

My suggestion for anyone who wants to use Knop with 9.3 is to take a look at how the projects that are to be run on Lasso 9.3 are written and adjust a branch of Knop to that coding style. Removing all alternative signatures that are not in use.
Are the calls made using positional params, then keep that signature and remove the rest. Are you in favor of keyword params, the do the opposite.

The exercise should not be overwhelming. My guess is that one to a couple of hours of testing would find the quirks and remove them.

HDB
Jolle