Trouble getting a basic broker to work.

Ben Joldersma

Oct 27, 2021, 2:55:28 PM10/27/21
to Knative Users
Hello knative users,

I've installed knative into a development cluster. I didn't use the quick start guide, because I'm trying to get a decent pattern in place for our eventual installation into our production cluster.

That said, I'm trying to get a broker working with the in memory channel, just to help test / verify that the other bits are working correctly. (We're planning to eventually use kafka).

I think the in memory channel is working correctly, but I can't get my broker to be ready. On a local k3d cluster that I setup with the developer quick start guide, I see output like this:

NAME             URL                                                                               AGE    CONDITIONS   READY   REASON
example-broker   http://broker-ingress.knative-eventing.svc.cluster.local/default/example-broker   2d1h   5 OK / 5     True

But on my development cluster, where I've tried a variety of approaches (kn create / yaml), it looks more like:

NAME             URL   AGE   CONDITIONS   READY       REASON
default-broker         20h   0 OK / 0     <unknown>   <unknown>

I've been wrestling with this for the past day or two. Tried muddling through the knative debugging page. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or how I can find out what's not configured correctly?

thanks,

-- ben

Anderson Soares

Oct 27, 2021, 3:05:17 PM10/27/21
to Knative Users
I got the exactly issue, I was about to write a topic asking for help exactly about it , I have no idea what is going on. In case I find something I will share here.
I will keep my eyes on this query.

Sebastien Goasguen

Oct 27, 2021, 4:14:59 PM10/27/21
to Ben Joldersma, Knative Users
Can you create an issue for this on github ? I think it will be a better place to help you.

Without more information it is tough to help. For example are you seeing any errors in pods in the knative-eventing namespace like the imc-controller or the mt-broker ? What are the logs showing ?

Carlos Santana

Oct 27, 2021, 4:39:27 PM10/27/21
to Knative Users
I was going to say the same thing, to open a github issue and provide enough details to be able to reproduce it

Link back in this thread the github URL for the issue.

In addition of checking the pod logs, check the status yaml on the broker custom resource

-- Carlos

Salaboy Mauricio Salatino

Oct 27, 2021, 5:28:27 PM10/27/21
to Carlos Santana, Knative Users
Try to describe the broker resource and share that in an issue

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Oct 2021, at 21:39, Carlos Santana <csan...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

I was going to say the same thing, to open a github issue and provide enough details to be able to reproduce it

Ben Joldersma

Oct 27, 2021, 7:19:11 PM10/27/21
to Knative Users
Thanks all.

loving knative so far!

Carlos Santana

Oct 27, 2021, 8:36:28 PM10/27/21
to Knative Users
Thank you Benjamin

I responded in the issue, take a look if it solves your problem