Knative for a Rest API used infrequently

Davide Non-Vattelapesca

Dec 2, 2021, 5:29:59 AM12/2/21
to Knative Users
Hi all,
I'm starting studying Knative these days and I was thinking about a particular use case:
I have a Pod in my cluster that exposes a set of rest APIs about configuration and management (authorization management, theming, export/import, etc...).
The user doesn't use this POD often.

Make sense to make it a Knative service? Or there are some downsides? So the POD will be up and running only when the user really needs it and I don't waste resources.

Thanks,
Davide

Mauricio Salatino

Dec 2, 2021, 5:49:06 AM12/2/21
to Davide Non-Vattelapesca, Knative Users
Yes, I think it does...
Is that service defining some feature flags for the entire application? So basically you only need to call the service when your other Pods are starting up?

Cheers

 - Blog: http://salaboy.com
 - Twitter: http://twitter.com/salaboy

 - Mauricio "Salaboy" Salatino -

Matthias Wessendorf

Dec 2, 2021, 8:35:05 AM12/2/21
to Davide Non-Vattelapesca, Knative Users
Yes!

here is an older demo from Markus, that indicates a usecase along the lines (exposing HTTP endpoints)

HTH,
Matthias

Sent from Gmail Mobile