Kafka Broker ProbeStatus

Lee Bartelme

Dec 28, 2021, 12:17:30 PM12/28/21
to Knative Users
My Kafka broker is never ready due to "ProbeStatus". When looking at the kafka-broker-receiver logs I see many many errors once I deploy the broker that say:

{"@timestamp":"2021-12-28T17:12:36.134Z","@version":"1","message":"Only POST method is allowed. Method not allowed: method=GET","logger_name":"dev.knative.eventing.kafka.broker.receiver.impl.handler.MethodNotAllowedHandler","thread_name":"vert.x-eventloop-thread-0","level":"WARN","level_value":30000,"method":{}}

I'm guessing this is the problem. Strange thing is I swear this was all working, I went to bed and the next day redeployed everything to this wonderful error. Not sure what's going on?

Ali Ok

Dec 28, 2021, 2:23:47 PM12/28/21
to Lee Bartelme, Knative Users
Hi Lee,

Did you simply deploy it and that's it? Or, did you configure something that's sending events to the broker?
Can you remove the kafka-broker-receiver (can't remember the exact name, should be similar to this) in knative-eventing namespace and check again after it's recreated?

It is very quiet here because of the Christmas and New Year break. There would be other people who could also help after the break.

Lee Bartelme

Dec 28, 2021, 2:48:33 PM12/28/21
to Knative Users

Well for testing purposes I was just deploying a broker to make sure it resolves before moving on to the other moving pieces in the sequence. I'll try what you said. For now, I've abandoned the Kafka broker and just started with the MTBroker using the  Kafka Channel to get that working and will circle back to the Kafka broker later.

So as it stands I've deployed v1.1 Knative eventing, a strimzi Kafka cluster, the source and consolidated Kafka channel YAMLS, the MT Broker, along with a channel config and a broker config so brokers will by default use kafka channels. I deployed it and it's all working as expected.

So the last piece that I keep having the issue with is just deploying the Kafka broker because of this odd ProbeStatus issue. I tried literally deploying the two YAMLs here and then the broker as shown without a spec.delivery just to keep it all as simple as possible and it didn't like it. Not sure how it worked yesterday, at least one time.

Pierangelo Di Pilato

Jan 3, 2022, 5:58:36 AM1/3/22
to Lee Bartelme, Knative Users
Hi,

we fixed the release automation and now we are waiting for the bot to
cut a new release next Tuesday.

This issue is tracked in
https://github.com/knative-sandbox/eventing-kafka-broker/issues/1667.

Meanwhile, you can safely use or downgrade to a 1.0.* release:
https://github.com/knative-sandbox/eventing-kafka-broker/releases/tag/knative-v1.0.5

--

Pierangelo Di Pilato

Software Engineer