How to specify channel type for a broker?

Andrey Stelmashenko

Aug 4, 2021, 6:35:26 AM8/4/21
to Knative Users
There is a page which describes example configuration options of a broker https://knative.dev/docs/eventing/broker/example-mtbroker/

We are using knative-eventing with NATSS and install Nats channels to have durable channels. As far as I know broker uses a channel, so if I use MTChannelBasedBroker how to configure it to use nats channel (I assume by default it will use inmemorychannel)?

Thanks

Ashleigh Brennan

Aug 4, 2021, 10:27:40 AM8/4/21
to Andrey Stelmashenko, Knative Users
Hi Andrey,

You can set the default channel for the broker by modifying the config-br-default-channel ConfigMap afaik: https://knative.dev/docs/admin/install/operator/configuring-eventing-cr/#setting-the-default-channel-for-the-broker
I'm not sure how to set it for NATSS, I would think it's kind: NatssChannel as per https://github.com/knative-sandbox/eventing-natss/blob/release-0.24/config/README.md though, but someone with may experience may be able to give more guidance.

Would you mind also opening an issue in the /docs repo for this please? I think it would be good to capture this info for other channel types besides Kafka in the docs.

Thanks,

Ashleigh Brennan

Senior Technical Writer, Serverless

Red Hat

M: 479-280-3837

Andrey Stelmashenko

Aug 11, 2021, 5:08:23 AM8/11/21
to Knative Users
Thank you for the answer,

There is no need in issue.. Maybe I was blind on site changed, but now I see a paragraph: