What is this bird?

Mary Williams Hyde

Sep 11, 2022, 6:26:05 PM9/11/22
to Klamath Basin Bird News
This is a photo I took yesterday or the day before of Common Mergansers in flight at Putnam's Point.  I am wondering what the other bird is?   It looks like a Merganser, too ,but I can't find anything similar in any of my bird books...help?

wScreen-Shot-2022-09-11-at-3.18.21-PM.jpg

kirsten potter

Sep 11, 2022, 10:39:46 PM9/11/22
to Klamath Basin Bird News, Mary Williams Hyde
You're close.  I am fairly sure that is a female hooded merganser.   There is a good number here in our area.

                                           Dave Potter

On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 03:33:48 PM PDT, Mary Williams Hyde <ma...@maryhyde.com> wrote:

This is a photo I took yesterday or the day before of Common Mergansers in flight at Putnam's Point.  I am wondering what the other bird is?   It looks like a Merganser, too ,but I can't find anything similar in any of my bird books...help?

For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/10216a64-7a5e-46a8-a106-5efce4899392n%40googlegroups.com.

rrip...@charter.net

Sep 11, 2022, 10:39:54 PM9/11/22
to Mary Williams Hyde, Klamath Basin Bird News

Female Hooded Merganser