Questions Regarding PayPal Support

Khaled Gabr

Sep 11, 2021, 3:21:22 PM9/11/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I would like to express my appreciation for this project. It's like a dream come true.

That being said, I have few questions regarding Paypal support

1) I can see that currently Braintree seems to be the newer version, but I am wondering if that will require Braintree account, or will it work as well with regular PayPal merchant account.

2) Does it support recurring payments.

Kind Regards,

Khaled

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Sep 12, 2021, 6:33:08 AM9/12/21
to Khaled Gabr, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Khaled,

Thank you for the kind words! If you find Kill Bill useful, please consider becoming a sponsor (https://github.com/sponsors/killbill). This helps us maintain a high quality open-source project.

Regarding the legacy PayPal plugin: PayPal Express Checkout has been deprecated, and as far as I know, you cannot set up a new PayPal merchant account which supports this integration method, which is why the plugin has been deprecated.

As such, we have recommended our users to switch to the Braintree APIs (which is now part of PayPal), to handle PayPal payment methods (the plugin stores the Billing Agreement ID, just like how it was done on Express Checkout, which allows for recurring payments).

If you have specific needs (e.g. need to support a legacy PayPal merchant account) and cannot use Braintree, please give us more details and we'll provide more specific guidance.

Kind regards,

Pierre