Community calendar

Edgar Hernández

Jan 19, 2021, 2:14:17 PM1/19/21
to kiali-dev
Hi, all.

Not sure who is in charge of Kiali's community calendar.
It's supposed to be public, but I see this isn't totally true.

In the Istio UX meeting, I was asked if there is a way to get the details of the demos.
I mentioned I will share the link to the calendar, but I see the community calendar is not up to date. Moreover, when using the public link to the calendar, you only see "busy". I'm unsure how this can be fixed:

Regards,
- Edgar

Jay Shaughnessy

Jan 19, 2021, 4:02:12 PM1/19/21
to kial...@googlegroups.com

That's annoying.  I can see in the settings that our community calendar is set to "Only free/busy information (hide event details)", so what you are seeing makes sense.  The problem now is that that is the only available setting and I don't have Admin permissions to make the "Show Details" option available.  It apparently takes a calendar admin, not just a person authorized to alter this calendar, to allow that change.  I'm not sure who has that power.  If not Alissa or Lucas or Mazz then maybe we need to open an ticket with IT.

Lucas Ponce

Jan 20, 2021, 2:08:14 AM1/20/21
to Jay Shaughnessy, kiali-dev
Hi,

I'm afraid I can't change that as well:

image.png

Personally I'd suggest a different workaround, as this is for the "community" side, perhaps just creating a gmail account for Kiali and creating a calendar will do the trick.

Main issue here is that you are creating a calendar in a private Google Suite and typically admins don't share it with any email.

Xavier Canal Masjuan

Jan 20, 2021, 4:15:21 AM1/20/21
to Lucas Ponce, Edgar Hernandez Garcia, Jay Shaughnessy, kiali-dev
Good morning,

I was the one creating the calendar. Since I did create the calendar from the redhat account, the privacy settings don't allow me to show the details of the event, doh!
The only solution should be the one lucas mentioned. Create a kiali gmail account and then create the calendar from there.

If you don't mind, I'll create the account, share the credentials in the leads, update the confluence and update the calendar.

@Edgar Hernandez Garcia Is there any other issue beyond the visibility?

--
Xavier Canal i Masjuan

Xavier Canal Masjuan

Jan 20, 2021, 5:51:38 AM1/20/21
to Lucas Ponce, Edgar Hernandez Garcia, Jay Shaughnessy, kiali-dev
Hello there,

The new Kiali Community Events calendar is ready to go.
I have to admit, the previous one was a rookie mistake.

You can browse the calendar and subscribe it here:

Or directly add it to a GSuite account:

Please, let me know if you see further issues and I'll try to fix them.

Thanks

Edgar Hernández

Jan 20, 2021, 10:54:09 AM1/20/21
to Xavier Canal Masjuan, Lucas Ponce, Jay Shaughnessy, kiali-dev
Thanks, Xavier

I now shared this new link in the Istio UX wg.