bind interface of infinispan-cache

captain.p...@googlemail.com

Oct 17, 2022, 2:50:32 AM10/17/22
to Keycloak Dev
Hi,

we currently are struggling with the infinispan cache configuration. How to bind the network-interface of the infinispan cache explicitly to eth0 or eth1 when using the cache-ispn.xml?

Best regards
Pascal

captain.p...@googlemail.com

Oct 24, 2022, 1:11:08 AM10/24/22
to Keycloak Dev
anyone?

Michal Hajas

Oct 24, 2022, 3:25:34 AM10/24/22
to captain.p...@googlemail.com, Keycloak Dev
Hello,

You can try to ask the Infinispan team. Here is how to approach them: https://infinispan.org/community/

Michal

Thomas Darimont

Oct 24, 2022, 3:56:19 AM10/24/22
to Michal Hajas, captain.p...@googlemail.com, Keycloak Dev
Hello,

you could try to use -Djgroups.bind_addr=match-interface:eth0 or use an external jgroups configuration file within your infinispan config to customize your stack.

also: http://www.jgroups.org/schema/jgroups.xsd (look for bind_addr attribute comment)

<infinispan ... >
    <jgroups>
        <!-- Allows custom jgroups configuration -->
        <stack-file path="/opt/keycloak/conf/jgroups-jdbcping-enc.xml" name="custom"/>
    </jgroups>
   <cache-container name="keycloak">
  </cache-container>
</infinispan>

Cheers,
Thomas

captain.p...@googlemail.com

Oct 25, 2022, 2:35:45 AM10/25/22
to Keycloak Dev
@Thomas Darimont: Thanks a lot that was totally it. We were so close but we got the value of the parameter wrong... we tried it with " -Djgroups.bind_addr=eth0" instead of " -Djgroups.bind_addr=match-interface:eth0" thx. This saves our day :-)

Stian Thorgersen

Oct 25, 2022, 7:29:35 AM10/25/22
to captain.p...@googlemail.com, Keycloak Dev
This mailing list is exclusively for discussing development and contributions to Keycloak. For help please use GitHub Discussions or the user mailing list!