Underscores cannot be set for email address domain names in keycloak user attributes.

shohei

Oct 14, 2021, 8:54:41 PM10/14/21
to Keycloak Dev
Please tell me about it.
When a user registers with keycloak, the email address can be set as attribute information.
However, if "_" (underscore) is set in the domain name, an error occurs.
(Example: aaa@bbb_ccc.com)

I am aware that underscores are sometimes prohibited in domain names such as URLs, but I would like to know if you know how the policy was made to prohibit them in domain names of email addresses.
(I would also like to understand the history of this policy in order to explain it to end users.)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Pedro Igor Craveiro e Silva

Oct 15, 2021, 1:41:38 PM10/15/21
to shohei, Keycloak Dev
It should be possible to change how attributes are validated if you are using the declarative User Profile [1].

By default (when this feature is disabled), validations to e-mail should respect a specific pattern. When enabled, you can define your own.

Regards.
Pedro Igor