TDNN --> CNN

Alexander Gorodetski

Sep 17, 2018, 5:46:48 AM9/17/18
to kaldi-help
Hello All,

I wanted to ask please. Are there any plans to replace TDNN with CNN in the near future in Kaldi? According to works in image processing it seems that CNN produces much better results than DNN approach.

Thank you so much in advance,
AlexG.

Daniel Povey

Sep 17, 2018, 12:28:16 PM9/17/18
to kaldi-help
TDNN is the same as a 1-dimensional CNN.
We actually did recently add some CNN+TDNN recipes.  I just committed a PR to add soft links to the tuning/ directory, which had been omitted before.  These recipes actually are slightly better than TDNN alone; they are slightly slower, though.  Daniel Galvez will (I hope) work on integrating CUDNN code which should make that part faster.

Dan

--
Go to http://kaldi-asr.org/forums.html find out how to join