Kafka 0.9.0 release branch

Jun Rao

Oct 12, 2015, 4:31:28 PM10/12/15
to d...@kafka.apache.org, us...@kafka.apache.org, kafka-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Everyone,

As we are getting closer to the 0.9.0 release, we plan to cut an 0.9.0 release branch in about two weeks from now. In the meantime, we will try to resolve most if not all 0.9.0 blockers listed below.

Are there any concerns? We will also discuss the 0.9.0 release in tomorrow's KIP meeting.

Thanks,

Jun

Ewen Cheslack-Postava

Oct 13, 2015, 2:10:01 AM10/13/15
to Jun Rao, d...@kafka.apache.org, us...@kafka.apache.org, kafka-...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if I'd call it a blocker, but if we can get it in I would *really* like to see some solution to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2397 committed. Without an explicit leave group, even normal operation of groups can leave some partitions unprocessed for 30-60s at a time under *normal* circumstances like a graceful shutdown/restart. It might be manageable, but that's a pretty large availability gap...

Not that the length of tests is critical, but this is also very obvious in system tests. The copycat tests take about 50% longer than they should because they have to wait for the session timeout.

-Ewen

Ewen