Vault

Bob Nitko

Feb 9, 2021, 8:59:18 PM2/9/21
to Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Hi.

I got a message from GoGuardian saying that one student was using Google chat during class . Yet when I searched the Vault for that date she had no chat record. Any ideas?

While I'm on it any good recommended FREE course to learn this admin stuff?

Bob

Debra Reymundo Atchison

Feb 9, 2021, 9:54:18 PM2/9/21
to Bob Nitko, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Hi Bob,

I'm working on a course, but it's not done yet. You can sign up to be alerted when it goes live if you want at https://gadminconsole.com.

Deb

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps K12 Technical Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/k12appstech/7652c927-8c24-4b5e-a463-cc41b950cfben%40googlegroups.com.

Jaime Kikpole

Feb 10, 2021, 8:09:59 AM2/10/21
to Bob Nitko, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Is it possible that the student was using an account outside the domain you control?  That would be the most succinct explanation.

Jaime Kikpole
Director of Technology & Innovations
Cairo-Durham Central School District

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps K12 Technical Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/k12appstech/7652c927-8c24-4b5e-a463-cc41b950cfben%40googlegroups.com.

This electronic message and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or legally privileged information protected by law from further disclosure and is intended only for the individual or entity identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the employee or agency responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any attachment(s). Please notify the sender immediately by return email or telephone and permanently delete this message and attachment(s) from your system.

Chad Ardoff

Feb 10, 2021, 9:26:44 AM2/10/21
to Bob Nitko, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Bob,

I do not have the same experience and likely setup that you would. I think vault focuses on the hangouts chats tied to Gmail. I believe you have to turn on the history for these chats to see them in vault. In my district, we have a separate group for the students and in this group, we block https://chat.google.com/ for our students and do not allow students to use hangouts via the admin console. We are a Securly school so I am sure there are some differences.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps K12 Technical Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/k12appstech/7652c927-8c24-4b5e-a463-cc41b950cfben%40googlegroups.com.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.