Multiple Spotlight for Presenters

Bob Nitko

Nov 24, 2020, 9:05:57 AM11/24/20
to Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Hi.

I know this isn't necessarily a Google related question but you all have been very responsive to other questions so I thought I'd throw it out there.

We use Google Meet and Zoom heavily as I'm sure many of you do especially now in this environment. As a school for the deaf we've been hosting a lot of webinar style meetings (for things like staff meetings, staff info sessions, etc). Many times we have multiple presenters and need to spotlight them simultaneously.

Why this is important for our audience? We have deaf and hard of hearing audiences as well as hearing. We want to have the two or three presenters and the asl interpreter on the screen at all times. Just like we talk over each other in the hearing world we do the same in the deaf world.

We just want to make sure things are accessible to our audiences and looking for the BEST tool to do this. Does YouTube live have this feature? Is there another software you all recommend? We've reached out to Zoom directly and they do not have this feature available for webinars.

See picture for what I'm trying to accomplish. Each presenter/interpreter have to be equally presented. (Just snagged some photos off the web for the purposes of this example).

Thanks!
interpret.jpg

Mr. Hahn

Nov 24, 2020, 9:28:14 AM11/24/20
to Bob Nitko, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
When in Grid View you can choose to Pin certain people to the screen but that is from the user end, not the presenter end. So multiple people would have to do that. Sounds like something that would need to be added to the Host controls by Google. Not sure if there is an extension that does this already.

Have a Great Day,

Ryan N Hahn
Teacher, Computer Science
Class of 2022 Adviser
Golf Coach

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps K12 Technical Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/k12appstech/1a0ed206-546d-4e30-abe2-e8c2f1c47668n%40googlegroups.com.

---

Clayton Public School District does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability in programs, services, and activities.

Shane Hannant

Nov 24, 2020, 2:00:20 PM11/24/20
to Mr. Hahn, Bob Nitko, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Hi Bob,
Unfortunately not aware of a way to do what your are after, an other option might be Google Meet it can caption the speaker on the fly, I've seen it and found its really quite accurate.

https://support.google.com/meet/answer/9300310?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=1

Shane Hannant • Director of ICT
p: 07 4132 7593 • w: www.stlukes.qld.edu.au
4 Mezger Street • Bundaberg Qld 4670

Ryan Collins

Nov 24, 2020, 3:45:24 PM11/24/20
to Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Here's how I would do it.

I would use OBS and https://obs.ninja

With https://obs.ninja, you can bring each presenter in as a separate camera source. In OBS, you can lay out each camera as you would like in a scene.

Turn on the preview window. In your virtual conferencing software of choice, share the preview window of OBS.

This gives you complete control of the participants in the conference.

Bob Nitko

Nov 24, 2020, 4:13:03 PM11/24/20
to Ryan Collins, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Hi.

I’ll look into this. I’ve used OBS before for live-streaming. Do I have the same controls as say a zoom session to present material, chat, record etc?

Thanks
Bob

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 24, 2020, at 3:45 PM, Ryan Collins <coll...@kentoncityschools.org> wrote:

Here's how I would do it.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps K12 Technical Forum" group.

Mr. Hahn

Nov 24, 2020, 5:08:53 PM11/24/20
to Bob Nitko, Ryan Collins, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Didn't even think of that. Great idea!

Have a Great Day,

Ryan N Hahn
Teacher, Computer Science