Login to jupyterhub

platreides720

Mar 20, 2020, 6:36:20 PM3/20/20
to Project Jupyter
How do you login to the main Jupytehub page.  I followed the setup instructions from: https://jupyterhub.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation-guide-hard.html.  This guide doesn't say how to set the initial admin account to login how do you do this?

platreides720

Mar 20, 2020, 6:46:25 PM3/20/20
to Project Jupyter

On Friday, March 20, 2020 at 5:36:20 PM UTC-5, platreides720 wrote:
How do you login to the main Jupytehub page.  I followed the setup instructions from: https://jupyterhub.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation-guide-hard.html.  This guide doesn't say how to set the initial admin account to login how do you do this?

If anyone else has this issue as a temporary work around I'm going to use the dummy authentication module , I installed it with pip3 install jupyterhub-dummyauthenticator
Message has been deleted

Rohit Sanjay

Apr 2, 2020, 9:48:35 PM4/2/20
to Project Jupyter
You'll need to create a user on the Unix system with `adduser -m username` and then set a password for it with `passwd username`

Hope that helps. Cheers

Omar Morris

Apr 2, 2020, 9:58:49 PM4/2/20
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I actually did this a couple of weeks ago as a work around.  It's a temporary stop gap until I replace the authentication schema.  I'm going to move away from pam and use either native-authenticator or oauth.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 8:48 PM Rohit Sanjay <sanjay...@gmail.com> wrote:
You'll need to create a user on the Unix system with `adduser -m username` and then set a password for it with `passwd username`

Hope that helps. Cheers

Rohit Sanjay

Apr 2, 2020, 10:10:24 PM4/2/20
to Project Jupyter
It's best to move to OAuth since I've found that PAM is quite buggy and will not work most times. I've had to restart the JH service multiple times, upon which login resumes working.

PS: I'm tryimg to build a custom OAuth server to authenticate our users. Let me know if you have any experience with that, it would greatly help me

Rohit

Omar Morris

Apr 3, 2020, 12:21:38 AM4/3/20
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I don't have any major experience with it, but I will thoroughly document what I do to get it working and will let you know.