MS SQL Server Instance Issue using Ipython-SQL

Avinash Joshi

Sep 22, 2016, 6:49:04 AM9/22/16
to Project Jupyter
Team,

Not really sure if this is the right group to post this. I have already posted the issue on the Github repo - https://github.com/catherinedevlin/ipython-sql/issues/62, but haven't received any response yet.

I am facing issues connecting to MS SQL Server instance using Jupyter via the SQL magic extension,

The queries fetched from MS SQL server are coming as empty. I have a local instance of SQL Server running and using the following commands to connect,

%load_ext sql

%sql mssql+pymssql://username:passord@/DBName

%sql select * from tablename

I am able to connect to the DB but I keep getting empty arrays even though there is data. This works on MAC when Jupyter is started using "jupyter-notebook" command instead of "jupyter notebook". Didn't work in either with Windows.

Please let me know if I need to provide any-more information or clarification. Or if there is another forum where I can post this.