Jupyterhub server stops

Santiago Sosa

Apr 25, 2019, 8:43:30 AM4/25/19
to Project Jupyter
Hello, first of all thank you for your help. I've recently installed jupyterhub on a remote server, it appears to be working fine, the thing is that when I start the server using "sudo jupyterhub" it works fine until it goes down (the connection is refused by the server). So, everytime I want to use jupyter I need to go and start the jupyter server again.

I have modified my firewall this way to work with jupyter:

jupyter.PNG

I really will appreciate if you could help me with this issue. And by the way, if you could tell me how can i bind the server to a domain (I mean for example: myweb.com:8000).

Let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you!

Thomas Kluyver

Apr 25, 2019, 10:21:01 AM4/25/19
to Project Jupyter
Hi Santiago,

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 at 13:43, Santiago Sosa <santia...@gmail.com> wrote:
when I start the server using "sudo jupyterhub" it works fine until it goes down (the connection is refused by the server). So, everytime I want to use jupyter I need to go and start the jupyter server again.

It sounds like you want to set up a service on your system to run Jupyterhub. The details of how you do this can depend on the operating system, but there are some notes in a wiki page that might be useful:

Services can be configured to start automatically when the system boots, and to restart automatically if they crash.

Best wishes,
Thomas
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Santiago Sosa

Apr 27, 2019, 10:21:19 PM4/27/19
to Project Jupyter
Thomas, thanks for your help, I managed to configure the service.

Another question: Is there anyway two different users could work on a same notebook file? I shouldnt be at the same time, but if possible, that would be cool too.

Thank you!

samuel....@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2019, 3:57:53 PM4/29/19
to Project Jupyter
Sun 2019-04-28 02:21:19 UTC, Santiago Sosa:

> Another question: Is there any way two different users could work
> on a same notebook file? It shouldn't be at the same time, but if
> possible, that would be cool too.

You might be interested in running a CoCalc instance.

This has an implementation of the Jupyter protocol that
allows collaborative work on notebook files.

William Stein

Apr 29, 2019, 6:00:48 PM4/29/19
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for mentioning CoCalc. You can also quickly try it out at
https://cocalc.com. It has realtime multiuser sync for
a new react-based implementation of the Jupyter client, and also for
Jupyter classic (embedded in an iframe). Our docs are here:

https://cocalc.com/doc/jupyter-notebook.html

and

https://doc.cocalc.com/jupyter.html

William (http://wstein.org)