Interested in contributing: Terminal option for "Option as Meta Key"

David Little

Mar 29, 2018, 1:48:02 PM3/29/18
to Project Jupyter
Hi there, I've just been looking into JupyterLab and it looks great! Amazing work!!

I'm interested in contributing to the project in a small way: making it possible to use the Option Key (on a mac keyboard) as the Meta Key in the terminal package. I opened an issue about this a few days ago. Looks to me like it should be pretty simple to implement, as the underlying library for the terminal (xterm.js) has the ability to set this option.

I think I understand how to change the terminal package so that there is a way for the user to set this option: it looks like it would involve creating a new method in terminal package to change this option for `this._term`, and then, following the example of creating increase-font commands, creating a command for calling this method within the terminal-extension package.

Just wanted to check here, based on the description in the community guidelines, to see if a pull request with this change would be of interest before I go and try to implement it.

Jason Grout

Mar 29, 2018, 3:58:04 PM3/29/18
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for pinging here. I also added a note on the PR.

Jason