Declarative widgets project status

Jason Grout

Mar 22, 2018, 6:11:37 PM3/22/18
to Project Jupyter
Hi everyone,

There have been some questions recently about the status of the declarative widgets project at https://github.com/jupyter-widgets/declarativewidgets. In https://github.com/jupyter-widgets/declarativewidgets/issues/570, the people involved in the repo said that the project is currently unmaintained (though one comment indicated there might be another forthcoming project that supersedes the work in that repo). I would like to move the repo to the Jupyter-attic GitHub organization to make the retired status clear. However, before I do, is there anyone here willing to step forward to maintain the project?

(If I don't hear anything within a week, I'll go ahead and move the repo to jupyter-attic.)

Finally, I want to say as a member of the Jupyter community to those that worked on declarative widgets: thanks very much for your work there and pushing that experiment forward. We appreciate it!

Thanks,

Jason