IPython: how to move to the last line?

Hai Nguyen

Oct 19, 2016, 3:33:56 PM10/19/16
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I normally use %load command to load file content to IPython console.
I do not know the shortcut to move cursor to the last line (given that if file has so many ones)
I checked the shortcut here: http://ipython.readthedocs.io/en/stable/config/shortcuts/ but could not
find the solution.

Any idea how? thanks

cheers
Hai

Thomas Kluyver

Oct 19, 2016, 3:53:22 PM10/19/16
to Project Jupyter
I'm not sure if there is one, but if you want to execute the cell, you can do that by pressing Escape, Enter (or the combination Alt-Enter on some systems).

Hai Nguyen

Oct 19, 2016, 4:16:27 PM10/19/16
to jup...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Thomas Kluyver <tak...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure if there is one, but if you want to execute the cell, you can do that by pressing Escape, Enter (or the combination Alt-Enter on some systems).

thanks Thomas, this is exactly what I need.

cheers
Hai

On 19 October 2016 at 20:33, Hai Nguyen <nha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I normally use %load command to load file content to IPython console.
I do not know the shortcut to move cursor to the last line (given that if file has so many ones)
I checked the shortcut here: http://ipython.readthedocs.io/en/stable/config/shortcuts/ but could not
find the solution.

Any idea how? thanks

cheers
Hai

Lawrence D’Oliveiro

Oct 24, 2016, 7:56:38 PM10/24/16
to Project Jupyter
On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 8:33:56 AM UTC+13, Hai Nguyen wrote:

I do not know the shortcut to move cursor to the last line ...

CTRL-Home and CTRL-End seem to work for me to go to the beginning and end of a cell’s contents.