Can Jupyter run on Linux Power Platform

薛亚兰

Oct 12, 2016, 11:01:34 PM10/12/16
to Min RK, jup...@googlegroups.com
Hi, MinRK
     We are wondering if there's any convenient way for user to use Jupyter on Linux Power Platform, we know Anaconda only support Mac, Windows, and Linux Server, how can we use Jupyter on Linux Power, do you have any suggestions.

Cheers
Yalan  Xue ,

Thomas Kluyver

Oct 13, 2016, 8:58:35 AM10/13/16
to Project Jupyter
On 13 October 2016 at 04:01, 薛亚兰 <nju08e...@gmail.com> wrote:
     We are wondering if there's any convenient way for user to use Jupyter on Linux Power Platform, we know Anaconda only support Mac, Windows, and Linux Server, how can we use Jupyter on Linux Power, do you have any suggestions.

I'm assuming you mean Linux running on the PowerPC architecture? It should be possible to run Jupyter. I would recommend you install Python and ZMQ through your package manager, if possible, and then:

# Upgrade pip
pip install --upgrade setuptools pip
# Install Jupyter
pip install jupyter