A statement from Project Jupyter regarding the January 27 United States Executive Order on immigration

Fernando Perez

Jan 31, 2017, 2:42:24 AM1/31/17
to Project Jupyter, IPython Development list
Dear Jupyter Community,

The recent developments in US immigration policy are a direct attack on the principles of Openness, Diversity and Dignity that we hold dear and that bind together our collaborative community.  We are directly impacted by these actions in multiple, serious ways. The Steering Council decided that this topic was important enough that we wanted to make a public statement, with the intent of reaching across political affiliations and party lines to convey a defense of our core values.  The full text of the statement is here:

http://blog.jupyter.org/2017/01/31/openness-diversity-and-dignity/

While it was prepared by the SC, we welcome and encourage anyone who would like to endorse this statement by adding your signature via this form:

https://goo.gl/forms/6kgqVXiDvpRrez1Q2

On behalf of the project SC, yours,

Fernando

Kiko