How to add an iframe to Jupyterlab cell output?

Pavel Vasev

May 3, 2018, 5:18:29 PM5/3/18
to Project Jupyter

Hi everybody! I am a newbie in Jupyter[lab] world.

Could you please give me an advice?

  • I need to create my own command which may be typed in code input cell.
  • The result of the command should be an iframe opened in a output cell.
  • That iframe should load some html page (from local or remote web server).
  • The user should be able to interact with that webpage, and also open it in fullscreen.
  • At the moment it is not considered to be run in separate docked panel.
  • I need to interact with that page in terms of code interaction. It means, send some message from notebook to js in that page, and/or respond to requests from page js code to notebook.
  • In particular I need to send a list of notebook variables names to that webpage, and send some variables values requested by webpage.

How may I do this?

Many thanks in advance!

With Best Regards,

Pavel Vasev